We follow USSSA Baseball rules, with the following exceptions:
· All games will be 7 innings or 1hr 45min in length.
· There will be a 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after 4 innings run limit rule.
· Home team will occupy the 3rd base dugout, visiting team will occupy the 1st base dugout.
· No player can sit on the bench for 2 consecutive innings on defense.
· All players at the game will be in the batting lineup.
· There will be no automatic out if a team has less than 9 batters or a player is removed from the lineup.
· We ask that between pitches the batter keeps 1 foot in the batter’s box.
· Bats do not have to be qualified BBCOR, but must be USSSA legal in all other ways.
· Infield fly is any ball hit that can be routinely caught by an infielder in fair territory with less than 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd base before the pitch is thrown.
· Dropped 3rd strike is any pitch that results in strike 3 that is not cleanly caught by the catcher (ie. Hits the ground first or catcher drops the ball). In this case the batter may attempt to advance to 1st base. If the batter gives up on the play (ie. Walks towards the dugout) he will be out. A dropped 3rd strike is the ONLY time that the orange safety bag may be used by the defense to record an out.
· Pitchers are allowed to pitch 3 innings per game. There will be no weekly limit.
· Coaches may visit the pitcher twice during an inning. On the second visit the pitcher must be removed from the mound and replaced. An injury visit does not constitute an official visit.
· Returning pitchers will be given 7 pitches between innings. New pitchers will be given 10.
· When it comes to balks the pitcher will be officially warned if the umpire determines that the pitcher is intentionally trying to deceive the runner. In this case the ball will be dead and he will be warned with the next occurrence resulting in a balk. If the umpire determines that the pitcher is not trying to deceive the runner, the umpire will speak with the pitcher between pitches and the coach between innings so that the slight error can be corrected without affecting the game.